Vital Fish feed pellets
These fish feed pellets are specially formulated to float, thus they have been produced under best manufacturing practices (BMP).
- The brand has high feed conversion efficiency and low feed conversion ratio (FCR).
- It is fortified with essential nutrients that aid the fast growth of fishes.
Stages of producing floating fish feed include:
Production of fish feed
Floating pelletized fish feed is processed in two ways: pelleting or extrusion to get premium fish feed pellet. Click here to preview the fish products we have available.
- Floating pellets: Floating pellets are loosely pressed when manufactured, thus filled with small air pockets which make them buoyant and easy to float. The processing method also facilitates the destruction of anti-nutritional factors and other contaminants. Floating feed pellets are also extremely stable in water.
- Extruded feeds: Ground feeds that are forced through a die under pressure and steam heat. Extruded feeds are thought to be more digestible. The extruded floating feeds are favored by farmers in Nigeria because they allow observation of the feeding processing thereby preventing wasteful feeding.
- Sinking pellets: Conventional pellets made to sink are generally compressed much more tightly and have almost no air space within. Thus, they sink rapidly and often crumble and pollute the water. This often leads to wastages due to inability to detect when the fishes are satisfied with feeding.
Ingredients of the floating fish feed
- Fish products
- Oils and fats
- Cereal grains